DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
Botany as a subject of study was introduced when the college was established and started functioning with only Pre degree course. The department of Botany was established in 1978 with the initiation of B.Sc degree programme under the University of Kerala. The department offers a degree course and a postgraduate course in Botany with Biotechnology as elective.
• Only department with a full-fledged Research centre.
• Oldest PG Department of the college with a long tradition in securing Ranks every year.
• Three ongoing Ph. D Programmes
• Undertaking R & D Projects
• National and state level seminars, symposia and workshops are frequently organized
• Field visits and Study Tours are Conducted regularly for UG and PG students
• A well-maintained Herbaria and a Library of 3000 books
Nurture budding talents to flower and fruits
The relationship between man and plants dates back to prehistoric times. New botanical discoveries coming out every day underscore the importance of botany as a branch of science. Botany is a department that has been performing well since its inception at Christian College, Kattakada. Since Dr Nehemiah, the first head, each faculty has worked for the gradual growth of the department. This helps the students in the department consistently achieve higher results. The department also gives students the opportunity to demonstrate their ability in extracurricular activities. With the status of being the first research center in Christian College Kattakada, the department is now stepping into the field research as well. I wish the students of this department to continue to take advantage of these opportunities and to achieve higher ranks and a better future
Copyright @ 2020 Christian College, Kattakada | Crafted by Catchacloud Technologies.Pvt.Ltd