In order to ensure a clean and green environment within the institute an Eco-Club
is functioning in our college. Eco club creates an awareness to ascertain a healthy
atmosphere within the institute. Students are empowered to participate and take up
evocative ecological activities. Students can influence their parents and public
communities aware about the environmental behavior through this forum. Also
engage in providing environmental education by adopting various environment
friendly approaches for conservation and preservation of environment.
Objectives of the Eco Club are:
● To create an awareness about the ecological degradation and the need for eco system conservation
● Inspire the students for plantation of trees at the college campus.
● Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, to ensure the region a Plastic Free Zone and not to throw them in public places
● Proper methods of preservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
● To preserve natural resources and to prevent pollution.
● To establish herbal gardening in the college campus.
● To create awareness on environmental issues among the public.
Dr Lubaina A S - Department of Botany
Copyright @ 2020 Christian College, Kattakada | Crafted by Catchacloud Technologies.Pvt.Ltd