DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Department of commerce was established in July 1977. It offered two-year Pre-Degree course in Commerce group affiliated to the University of Kerala upto the academic year 1999-2000, when Pre-Degree course was delinked from the Collegiate education and has been attached to the Higher Secondary by the Govt. of Kerala. In the academic year 1998-99 B.Com degree course was introduced in the college with the elective course Electronic Data Processing and Computer Application. Presently four permanent faculty members are working in the department.
• Department with successful result outcomes including university toppers in the university examinations.
• Short term courses
• A annual departmental magazine –“Senzation”z • Publishes handwritten magazines to enhance creative thinking and innovativeness among students.
• A departmental library with vast database.
• Frequently conducted Industrial visit and study tours
• Carrier guidance programmes on regular basis
‘Bring inspiration and innovation in every aspects of life”
‘Our vision is to maintain and enhance a department with highest professional and academic standards so that we can assure satisfaction to our staffs and students. We belive in team work that is based on innovation, co-ordination, trust and respect.”
Our department is now focusing on research and academic performance of students. Most of our students are well placed in their job profiles and consistenly exceeding the expectation of corporate world.Our students are also undertaking project work as part of their curriculum in various institutions. We the faculty members are taking whole hearted effort and dedication in making the teaching learning process more effective .I congratulate all my colleagues and dear students for their brilliant and orginal effort they are taking to make our outcome fruitful.
Copyright @ 2020 Christian College, Kattakada | Crafted by Catchacloud Technologies.Pvt.Ltd