- Dr. Shalini
Dept. of History
Christian College, Kattakada
|Sl. No||Course||Board/University||Month & Year||Marks
|1||SSLC||Education Board||March 1994||418/600||I||69.7|
|2||P D C||Kerala University||1996||250/500||II||50|
|3||BA History||Kerala University||1999||524/800||I||65.5|
|5||MA History||Kerala University||2002||887/1400||I||63.35|
AREA OF ACADEMIC INTERESTS
Thesis Title: Nadars of Travancore:Ethnic Moorings,Social Organisation and Cultural Identity
ACADEMIC BODIES/ DUTIES
- Duties like Member, Board of Examination, Kerala university
- Ecoclub Coordinator, Christian college Kattakada (Year)
- PTA convenor,
- IQAC, WEBSITE admin, ethical Committee, Staff representative
Hostel in charge during the academic year of 2017&2018
Co-ordinator of SC ST Cell-2017
Co-ordinator of Debate Club-2017
Co-Ordinator of Women,s Redressal Cell 2017
- Special skills in teaching
- Eg: Expertise in handling MS office and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proficiency in using the web platform for specific information search.
RESEARCH/ ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
Month Year to till Date
Month year – Month Year
FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Project title, Funding agency, Details
BOOKS & CHAPTERS
- Title of chapter. Chapter. Name of the Book., Editor, Ed. Publisher, year., ISBN
- Title of Book. . Publisher, year., ISBN
1.2010.Christumathavum Uzhiyavum(Mal), Christhaa Deepika November 2010
- Shalini.S.V.2014, Tracing the Origin of Nadar Identity: An Overview, South Indian History Congress Proceedings P.No.651
3.2013.The Nadars, their honorific titles and subdivisions in Pre-Colonial South India in the Journal of Kerala Studies, Vol.XXX, Dept. of History,University of Kerala p.no.98-111
- 2014. Empowerment of Nadar Women through education, Empowerment of Women: Challenges and Prospects-A socio-economic perspective, Proceedings of Dept. of History ,All Saints College.p.no. 72-78
5.2014. Types of Taxes and the manner of Tax collection in Travancore.
, SVASH Multidisciplinary Journal of Social Sciences, Vol.II P.No.77
- 2014.The importance of Palmyra Cultivation in Travancore among the Nadar community in nineteenth century, Bharatmata Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, p.no.50-57
- 2014.Various Approaches of social science: Particularly Interdisciplinary Approach, Studies in Social Science , dept of History, Christian College Kattakadap.p.no.85-91
8.2014. Suppression of Pandyan Supremacy and the Degradation of Nadar caste
South Indian History Congress 34th Annual Session,Proceedings,p.no.301-302
9.2014.A Martyred Community in Travancore: A Forgotten History of the Nadars. Confluence,Multidisciplinary Journal of Christian college, Kattakada,p.no.66-73
2017.Thiruithamkoor mishanarimarum Stri Vidhyabhyasavum (Mal),Vanithasabdam p.no.11-15,June,2017
10.2017.Thiruvithamkoorile Mishanarimar,(Mal), Church Souvenir Publication,CSI Virali,p.no.126-129.
. Authors (Bold letter profile name), Year. Paper Tittle. Journal Name, Vol(No): Page Number.
- Title of Talk, Name of Seminar or workshop (Date and year) organized by Institution, Address.
- Resource person in a session named Colonial intervention and proselytization.UGC sponsored National seminar on Rethinking of Colonial and Missionary Interventions in the making of Modern Kerala ,organized by the Department of History, CMS College,Kottayam.on March
- As a Moderator in a Debate conducted by SMAC, Uchakkada.
SYMPOSIA & WORKSHOPS
- Five days workshop on curriculum design in connection with the restructuring of under graduate courses in History at Women’s College Thiruvananthapuram on 2, 3, 4 and 16 17th March 2009.
- National Workshop on Learners Autonomy Enhancing Quality in Higher Education sponsored by NAAC , Bangalore , Christian College Kattakada on 17th & 18th July 2009
- National Workshop on” Human Rights Implications of Environmental Issues in Kerala “organized by the Department of political Science, CCK on 17th &18th September 2009.
- Orientation Programme of CBCSS semester system Sponsored by Higher Education Council at Govt.Arts College,Trivandrum on 9th December 2009
- Two days Orientation programme on semesterization, Higher education at UGC-Academic Staff college 3rd &4th September 2010
- Two day workshop on Kerala Historiography and modern Kerala Organized by Department of History at Govt.College for Women in Trivandrum 12th and 13th December 2013
- National Workshop on Historical Method and Historiography Organised by Department of History, University of Kerala on 11 to 13 November 2013
- NHRC Sponsored One day Training Programme Department of political Science, Christian College, Kattakada on 18th August 2015.
- Participated in the Seminar Name
- One day seminar on “World Environment Day Celebrations” organized by Post Graduate Department of Botany , CCK on 30th June2009
- National seminar on “Opportunities and Threats of Goods and Service Tax in the Globalised Era” organized by the Commerce Department on 26th and 27th June 2009.
- Participated a Book releasing function at Palakkad (A History Test Book written by T.K.Ravindran on 16th May 2010.)
- Participated a Seminar on World Environment Day Celebrations conducted by Department of Botany,Christian College,Kattakada,2011
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on Sree Narayana College,Chembazhanthy,2012
- Seminar on Freedom Struggle in Kerala Kerala State Archives Department at Kanakakkunnu Palace,Trivandrum on 25-02-2013
- Participated a National Seminar on Mahathma Ayyankali as a social Reformer organized by Department of History,Kerala University,2013.
- ICHR National Seminar on Modern Kerala, Organised by Department of History, University of Kerala on 3rd to 5th October 2013
- UGC State level Seminar on Folklore as Source of Local History Department of History,H.H.M.S.P.B.NSS College for Women, Trivandrum 2013
- Re-visiting Dravidian Culture with special reference to Archaeology of South India, Three day National seminar organized by Department of Archaeology, Department of Cultural Affairs
- UGC Sponsored Regional Seminar on Higher Education in Kerala since Independence: Issues and Challenges, UGC Sponsored Organized by PG Department of History,SN College Chempazhanthy December 2014
- Mahatma Ayyankali chair International Seminar on Re-imagining Struggles at the Margins: A History of the Unconquered and Oppressed Organised by Department of History, University of Kerala July 2014
- National Seminar on Political Process towards a Democratic Culture; Strands in the Construction of Modern Kerala Organised by Department of History, University of Kerala March 2015
- National Multi-Disciplinary Annual Research Conference(MARC) organized by University of Kerala on 15-18 December 2015
- Kerala History Congress First Annual Session organized by the Department of History,University college on 29th January 2016
- International Seminar on SITCA organized by the Dept of Chemistry, Christian College, Kattakada on July 2016.
- Three day National Seminar organized by the Department of History,University college on December 2017.
- National Seminar on Advanced Physics organized by the Dept. of Physics, Christian College, Kattakada on February 2018.
- Presented a paper, “Title of the paper” in Seminar Name.
- Tracing the Origin of Nadar Identity: An Overview ,XXXIII Annual Session held at karayavattom,Trivandrum in 2013.
- Ethnography of Caste system in Kerala:Post independent era, National seminar on Introspecting Post independent Kerala, Department of History,University of Kerala on 18th,19th &20th March 2013
- Various Approaches of social science: Particularly Interdisciplinary Approach ,UGC sponsored National seminar on Department of History, Christian College, Kattakada on March 2013.
- Suppression of Pandyan Supremacy and the Degradation of Nadar caste,
South Indian History Congress 34th Annual Session, organized by Department of History,AVVM Sri Pushpam College Poondi,Thanjaoor Dist.,Tamilnadu on 28thFebruary to 1st & 2nd March 2014 held at Tanjavur in Tamil Nadu-2014
Empowerment of Nadar Women through education , Empowerment of Women: Challenges and Prospects-A socio-economic perspective-2014
UGC Sponsored National Seminar held on All Saints College 2014
- Types of Taxes and Manners tax collection,International Seminar on SVASH held in November 2014 at Trivandrum.
- A Martyred Community in Travancore: A Forgotten History of the Nadars, National Seminar on Martyred in History-Men and Causes organized by Department of History, University of Kerala on 16-18th January 2014.
- The role played by community organizations for the Awakening of Nadar community, Reflections on Communalism in India: Past and present, Organized by PG Department of History,SN College Chempazhanthy on 22nd August,2014
- Re-imagine the Structure of caste in Indian society with special reference to Nadars of South India, Indian History Congress 75th Annual Session held at Jawaharlal Nehru University,New Delhi,28-30 December 2014.
- Folklore as a source of Local Historiography.UGC sponsored National seminar on Recent Trends in the study of History and Historiography,organized by Department of History, Christian College, Kattakada on September 2015.
- Re-imagine the Colonial Intervention and Mass Conversion in Travancore,UGC sponsored National seminar on Rethinking of Colonial and Missionary Interventions in the making of Modern Kerala,organized by the Department of History, CMS College,Kottayam.on March
- Domestic Violence as a Violation of Human Rights against Women in Kerala,Dept of English, Christian College, Kattakada.National Seminar on Human Rights and its Disjunctures in the Current Scenario of Globalisation,4th March 2016.
- Crimes and Punishments of Travancore and the Denial of Human Rights to the Lower castes, Indian History Congress 77th Annual Session held at Department of History, University of Kerala on 28-30 December 2016.
- Media and Public Sphere in Kerala, Two day national Seminar on Democratisation and Secularisation of Public Sphere in Kerala, organized by Department of History,University college on 16-17th February 2017.
- Evolution of Democratic Citizenship in Kerala: A Historical Enquiry, National Seminar on Democracy and Citizenship:Reflections on Contemporary India conducted by Dept. of Political Sience,Govt.College,Kottayam on 21st-22nd November 2017.
- The role played by the Nadars in Self-Respect Movement,38th South Indian History Congress organized by Department of History, University of Calicut on 28-30 January 2018.
Awarded UGC NET in 2004
- Young scientist award
- Discoveries/achievements in research
Participation in Refresher/Orientation Programme
Academic Staff College Orientation/Refresher Course attended:
|Name of the Course /Summer School||Place||Duration||Sponsoring Agency|
|Orientation Course||ASC, University of Kerala.||04-03-2010 to 31-03-2010||UGC|
|Refresher course in Human Rights||ASC, University of Kerala||06-05-2015 to 26-05-2015||UGC|
- Teaching Experience:
|UG- BA History -pass||Christian College Kattakada||Nine years
(1-September 2008 to till then)
|PG –MA History||VTMNSS College Dhanuvachapuram as Guest Lecturer||
3 years( Guest Lecturer)
Profile : Dr.Shalini.S.V
Marital status :married
Nationality : Indian
Date of Birth : 25-05-1979
Current Location : Virali,Uchakkada,Neyyattinkara taluk
Name of Father : Selvanesan.Y
Qualification : : MA,Bed,PhD
Date of joining this institution :01-09-2018
Languages known :English and Malayalam
Hobbies :Reading and travelling