- Premjith Kumar
Rev.Dr.T.B Premjith Kumar
Dept. of History
Christian College, Kattakada
AREA OF ACADEMIC INTERESTS
Subject name: Missionary History of Kerala, Tribal History and their Folksongs.
ACADEMIC BODIES/ DUTIES
- PTA Secretary (2013-2015)
- NSS Programme Officer (2013 till date)
- Discipline Committee Member( 2013 till date)
- Bhoomithrasena Staff Representative(2013 till date)
- College Counseling Cell Convener(2012 till date)
- Red Ribbon Club Staff Representative (2013 till date)
- Representative, College Council
- Library Committee Member
- Expertise in handling MS office and Adobe Photoshop.
- Able to use the web platform for specific information search.
RESEARCH/ ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
May 2007 to April 2009
Designation : PhD
Institute : Nesamony Memorial Christian College, Marthandam, Marthandom P.O.
June 2009 – March 2012
Designation : DTh
Institute : Senate of Serampore University, Calcutta.
FUNDED RESEARCH PROJECTS
|Sl. No||Title||Agency||Period||Grant/ Amount|
|Mobilized (Rs. Lakh)|
|1||Socio-cultural Factors Behind the Mass Conversion of Nadar Community to Christianity||UGC||15th Feb.2014 to 9th March 2015||0.95|
|2||The Cultural Heritage as Reflected in the Folk Songs of the Paniya Tribal Community in Wayanad||UGC||25/04/2016||230000|
BOOKS & CHAPTERS
Rev. Dr. T.B. Premjith Kumar, “Western Christian Missions in 19th and 20th Century India and their Impact” (pp.105-114). Studies in Social Science (pp.1-145)., Dr. Rajesh T. Ed. Seminar Proceedings, 2015., ISBN 978-93-5156 934-3
- Rev. Dr. T.B. Premjith Kumar, “Salvific Dimension of ‘Mystery’ in the Pauline Corpus,” (pp.245-251), Shepherd of a Pilgrim People (pp1-287). 2005, ISPCK., ISBN 81-7214-900-X
- Rev. Dr. T.B. Premjith Kumar, Keralathile Sthree Saktheekaranavum London Missionary Prasthanavum (Mal. pp.116). Raven Publications, 2013., ISBN 978-81-922772-7-1
- Rev. Dr. T.B. Premjith Kumar, Matthean Ecclesiology (pp. 1-360). CSS Tiruvalla, 2017. ISBN 978-81-7821-779-6
- B. PREMJITH KUMAR, (2015) Colonial Land Revenue Administration and Mappila Revolts in Malabar. Confluence-A Multidisciplinary Journal, Vol. 2 (1): PP. 75-80
- “Leadership and Youth for Nation Building” Youth Conference, Ranni-Nilaykkal Marthoma Diocese. (2015, 2016, 2017)
- “Motivational Training,” Youth Conference CSI Muscat (2014)
- “Character Formation of Youth” Youth Conference, Bombay Diocese (2015)
- “Leadership and Youth for Nation Building” Nature Protection Pentecostal Church, Kovalam. (2015)
- “Character Formation of Youth,” Youth Conference, Kuttaikodu CSI Church (2016).
- “Motivational Training,” Motivation for Students, Viswabharathy Public School, Neyyattinkara (2016).
- “Preparation for Final Examination”, Apsara Tuition Center, Chullimanoor (2017).
- “Aikya Kerala Movement in Kanyakumari District,” Ayyappa College, Chunkankadai, Nagercoil. (2018)
SYMPOSIA & WORKSHOP
Restructuring of BA History Syllabus (CBCSS) Workshop (3 Days) Board of Studies- History, University of Kerala.
- Awareness Seminar on Free Legal Aid Programme Dept. of Law& NSS, University of Kerala University Level
- “Prodigious Educational Service of LMS Missionaries and Colonial Machinery in Making Modern Kerala,” in Rethinking of Colonial and Missionary Interventions in the Making of Modern Kerala, a UGC Sponsored 3 Days National Seminar conducted by Post Graduate Dept. of History, CMS College, Kottayam.
- “The Genesis and the Booming of Terrorism in India: Its Theory and Practice,” in Terrorism: A Curse on Humanity, a One Day National Seminar conducted by Dept. of History, Lekshmipuram College, Neyyoor, Tamil Nadu.
- “Oral History: A Shift in Interpretation and Writing of History” in Recent Trends in the Study of History and Historiography a UGC sponsored 2 days National Seminar conducted by the Dept. of History, Christian College, Kattakada.
- Got the University Level “Certificate of Appreciation” for NSS activities during 2015-2016
Title: Is the Church in Mathew a Congregational Movement? Implications for Contemporary Ecclesiology.
|Senate of Serampore University, Calcutta|
Title: The London Missionary Society and Empowerment of Women in South Travancore(1806-1908).
|2007-2009||Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tinnaveli|
|MA in History||2007||Madurai Kamaraj University,
Current Location : Elumplassery House/Irumbil, Aruvippuram P.O, Trivandrum, Kerala
Name of Father : S. Thankamony
Qualification : MA., BD., MTh., PhD., DTh.
Languages known : English, Malayalam, Tamil, Greek, Hebrew and German
Hobbies : Reading, Hearing Music
Residence Address: Elumplassery House/Irumbil, Aruvippuram P.O., Trivandrum, Kerala Pin: 695126