Ms. Hima J. Babu
Dept. of English
Christian College, Kattakada
|MA (English Language and Literature)||2008-2010||Institute of English, University of Kerala|
|BA (English Language and Literature)||2005-2008||University of Kerala|
|B. Ed (English)||2010-2011||University of Kerala|
|Business English Certificate (Vantage)||1 yr, 2007||University of Cambridge|
AREA OF ACADEMIC INTEREST
Literary Theory: Gender Studies, Ecocriticism
History of English Literature
ACADEMIC BODIES/ DUTIES
- Literary Club Co- Coordinator, Christian College, Kattakada
- Secretary, Women’s Club, Christian College, Kattakada
- Deputy Coordinator, English Club, Christian College, Kattakada.
RESEARCH/ ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE
September 2014- present
Designation : Assistant Professor
Institute : Dept of English, Christian College, Kattakada
September 2013 – September 2014
Designation : High School Assistant
Institute : Govt. VHSS, Desamangalam, Thrissur.
- Hima J. Babu, 2017. Resilience or Endurance?: Women in Khaled Hosseini’s ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’. NASTELL 2017, Vol (1):61-63.
- Hima J. Babu, 2012. Breaking the Chains: Amitav Ghosh’s Dancing in Cambodia, At Large in Burma as a Journey through Historical and Political Anguish. Following the Gypsy’s Foot: The Language and Literature of Travel, Vol (1).
SYMPOSIA & WORKSHOPS
- “Power Politics and Gender Roles: A Reading of Manju Kapur’s The Immigrant and Brothers” in the National Seminar organized by the Dept. of English, MMS Govt. Arts and Science College, Malayinkeezhu, Trivandrum in Nov 2017
- “Resilience or Endurance?: Women in Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns” in the National Seminar organized by Noorul Islam University, Kumaracoil, Kanyakumari, in April 2017.
- “From the Roman Civilization to the Italian Cuisine: A Spicy Journey” in the National Seminar organized by the Dept of English, KNM Govt. Arts and Science College, Kanjiramkulam, Trivandrum in December 2015.
- “Journey Towards Selfhood: Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns” in the National Seminar organized by the Dept of English, KNM Govt. Arts and Science College, Kanjiramkulam, Trivandrum in February 2014.
- “Breaking the Chains: Amitav Ghosh’s Dancing in Cambodia, At Large in Burma as a Journey through Historical and Political Anguish” in the National Seminar organized by the Dept of English, KNM Govt. Arts and Science College, Kanjiramkulam, Trivandrum in November 2012.
- Regional Workshop in Current Developments in English Language Teaching organized by Centre for English Language Teaching, University of Kerala in Februart 2010.
- “Become an Effective Teacher”, UGC Sponsored Seminar at Govt. College of Teacher Education, Trivandrum in September 2011.
- English Education Congress-2011 , National Seminar conducted by the Dept. of General Education, Govt. of Kerala & EFLU, Hyderabad in March 2011.
- International Conference on Global Diaspora Studies: Contexts and Configurations organized by UGC Area Study Centre for Canadian Studies & UGC SAP, Institute of English in association with World Association of Global Diaspora Studies & State University of New York, Binghampton in March 2013.
- One day workshop on English Accent and Pronunciation organized by the Dept of Public Administration, University of Kerala in March 2014.
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Diaspora Reimagined: The Politics of Representation organized by the Centre for Cultural Studies and Institute of English, University of Kerala in October 2017.
- UGC NET, Junior Research Fellowship
- Business English Certificate, Cambridge University
- 8th Rank in MA English Language and Literature, University of Kerala
- SET, CTET.
Profile : Female, 29, Married
Nationality : Indian
Date of Birth : 31.05.1988
Current Location : Muttada, Trivandrum, Kerala
Name of Father : Babu D. S.
Qualification : MA, B.Ed.
Languages known : English, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi
Hobbies : Philately, Reading
Aruma,TC 3/757(2), Elangumvila Lane, TKD Road, Muttada PO, Trivandrum-695025.