DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
BSc & MSc Chemistry
As the college was established in 1965 the first batch classes were started in 1966. In 1965 Mr. Sathyamoorthy (BSc) became the Demonstrator of the department of Chemistry. In 1966 Mr. K.M. Maman (MSc) from Changanacherry was acted as the department HOD for one year. In 1967 Mr. Madhavan Pillai assigned as the Head of the Department and worked with Mr. Sathyamoorthy. Mr. Madhavan Pillai was HOD for 34 years and retired on 2001.
Department was converted to a Graduate department on 1993 and turned to a Post graduate department on 2001. The department of Chemistry has shown excellence in academic as well as in other curriculum activities.
HOD’s since 1966
- Prof. G. Madhavan Pillai
- Prof. Dr. Judith Diana Jeyanthi
- Prof. S. Braba Kumari
- Dr.. S.S. Sreekumari
- Dr. Glory Mathew
- Mr. Charles Finny S.L.
- Prof. G. Madhavan Pillai - 1967-2001
- Prof. N. Ramachandran - 1968-1999
- Prof. N. Narayana Iyer - 1968-2001
- Prof. J. Justin - 1968-1998
- Prof.Dr. J. Judith Diana Jeyanthi - 1970-2003
- Prof. S. Braba Kumari - 1979 -2013
- Ms. Ancy Kuncheria - 1979-2013
- Dr. S.S. Sreekumari - 1979-2013
- Ms. Bhavani Amma B. - 1979-2003
- Mr. Thomas Nangachi Veedu - 1980-2003
- Ms. M. Sobhana - 1980-2006
- Mr. Gopala Krishnan - 1980-2002
- Dr. Glory Mathew - 1980-2014
- Dr. Sunitha Rani S.P. - 1996-2017
Head of the Department
Mr. Charles Finny
Dr. A. Maria Starvin
MSc, MPhil, Ph.D.
Ms. R.S. Sreepriya
Dr. B. Josewin
MSc, PGDCA., Ph.D.
Dr. L.S. Afinisha Deepam
MSc., BEd., Ph.D.
Ms. Divya Mohan
MSc., BEd., MPhil.
Ms. E. Shiji